-
October 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM
#1
pleasantmonkey210
Guest
I have had a simular problem before. strip the dolls from their clothes and set the dolls and clothes outside in the breeze.
-
October 23rd, 2006, 06:49 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I had these Gotz little sisters. The first edition dolls (with stripe shirt made in USA) have the smell on the hair. Those dolls with floral shirt no smell. Don?t know the reason.
-
October 23rd, 2006, 08:39 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Your friend could place them in a box with an open container of baking soda. Wait a couple of days and the smell should be gone. If it's just in the hair she could wash their hair with synthetic wig shampoo or any mild shampoo.
-
October 23rd, 2006, 10:42 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Thanks as always everyone---great suggestions--I will pass them on to my friend.
Karla
-
October 23rd, 2006, 11:36 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I must be so weird because I like that smell. My Tess Isabel was NIB from eBay, and she still smells like that after having her almost two years. It's a little like that "new doll smell" which is why I don't find it so bad. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
October 24th, 2006, 12:38 AM
#6
Inactive Member
Susanna never smelled and she was stored in her box in a closet for awhile before she came here and then a little bit afterwards.
-
October 24th, 2006, 03:33 AM
#7
Inactive Member
A friend called to ask me if I had any suggestions about a strong smell her Gotz Little Sisters dolls, Tess and Lily, have. She just got them out of their boxes, after having been stored in the boxes since they were purchased new. To her dismay, their vinyl, hair and clothes all had a VERY BAD SMELL. She thinks it may be from the disintegrating rubber bands or glue on the box. Has anyone else had a similar problem or ANY SUGGESTIONS. As always, thanks in advance!!
Karla
-
October 24th, 2006, 04:14 PM
#8
Inactive Member
We have all 3 dolls in the striped shirts and they smelled when taken out of the box. I did not do a thing and the smell went away on its own.
It just needs some fresh air and that should remedy it.
Lea [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks